Re-imagining Public Work: The future of leadership, innovation and pride in the Queensland public sector.
Procensol is proud to be a Gold sponsor of the 2017 BiiG (Business Improvement and Innovation in Government) Network Conference. This year’s Conference will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on Tuesday 31 October and Wednesday 01 November. Exclusively for public sector employees, BiiG will bring together keynote speakers and panelists to help delegates re-imagine the future of public work and tackle big challenges of innovation, investment, jobs and growth, inequality, sustainability and social cohesion.
The BiiG Network is an internal network within the Queensland public sector and has now been running for several years. BiiG helps connect public servants with a passion for doing things differently through the application of innovative approaches.
This year’s conference will feature these four central themes across keynote and presentations:
- A question of talent: the changing nature of public work, workers and workplaces
- Doing data well: turning data into insights for results
- Designing great public work: for inclusion, growth and innovation
- Public work and government: principles, purpose, performance and pride
The best thinkers, leaders and practitioners will take the stage to provoke and challenge delegates to re-imagine the future of public work, this year’s mix of speakers will include a huge list of professionals including but are not limited to (see the full list here):
- Holly Ransom, ‘Challenge strategist’ and CEO of Emergent Global
- Nic Marchesi and Lucas Patchett, Orange Sky Laundry founders
- Dr Jason Fox, Modern day wizard-rougue, author and leadership advisor
- Ian Oppermann, NSW Government Chief Data Scientist and CEO of the NSW Data Analytics Centre
Procensol is excited to be a major supporter of the Conference and its innovation philosophy. We are excited to share our capability and understanding of government challenges to innovate and transform agencies into digital leaders. Mervin Chiang will join a panel lead by Peter Bradd, the Co-founder and CEO of innovation consultancy, The Beanstalk Factory, Founding Director of StartupAUS and Fishburners. Smart Company recognised Peter as one of Australia’s top 10 most influential people in tech in 2015. How to make innovation stick will be a key theme of Mervin’s discussions with Peter and the panel.
- Appian Business Transformation Change CIO Digital Disruption Innovation Modern Business Transformation News Transformation Uncategorized @en-au
Earlier this month I attended the Brisbane Discuss: The Gartner CIO Agenda 2017 event, joining in discussions led by panellists Gartner’s Jenny Beresford and Salesforce’s…Read More
The final video of the three-part series, In Conversations with QUT Executive Director, Corporate Engagement, Professor Michael Rosemann is now available online. Michael and Procensol’s Mervin Chiang discuss…Read More